Gothic Wall Sconce was posted on February 15, 2018 at 8:13 pm. It is uploaded under the Lighting category. Gothic Wall Sconce is tagged with Gothic Wall Sconce, Gothic, Wall, Sconce..
Gothicgoth•ic (goth′ik),USA pronunciation adj.
- (usually cap.) noting or pertaining to a style of architecture, originating in France in the middle of the 12th century and existing in the western half of Europe through the middle of the 16th century, characterized by the use of the pointed arch and the ribbed vault, by the use of fine woodwork and stonework, by a progressive lightening of structure, and by the use of such features as flying buttresses, ornamental gables, crockets, and foils.
- (usually cap.) pertaining to or designating the style of painting, sculpture, etc., produced between the 13th and 15th centuries, esp. in northern Europe, characterized by a tendency toward realism and interest in detail.
- (cap.) of or pertaining to Goths or their language.
- (usually cap.) of or pertaining to the music, esp. of northern Europe, of the period roughly from 1200 to 1450, including that of the Ars Antiqua, Ars Nova, and the Burgundian school.
- (usually cap.) pertaining to the Middle Ages; medieval.
- (sometimes cap.) barbarous or crude.
- (often cap.) noting or pertaining to a style of literature characterized by a gloomy setting, grotesque, mysterious, or violent events, and an atmosphere of degeneration and decay: 19th-century gothic novels.
- (cap.) noting or pertaining to the alphabetical script introduced for the writing of Gothic by Ulfilas and derived by him from Greek uncials with the addition of some Latin and some invented letters.
- (often cap.) being of a genre of contemporary fiction typically relating the experiences of an often ingenuous heroine imperiled, as at an old mansion, where she typically becomes involved with a stern or mysterious but attractive man.
- (usually cap.) the arts and crafts of the Gothic period.
- (cap.) the extinct Germanic language of the Goths, preserved esp. in the 4th-century translation by Ulfilas of the Bible. Abbr.: Goth, Goth., goth.
- (often cap.) a story, play, film, or other work in the gothic style.
- (usually cap.) [Brit.]See black letter.
- (often cap.) a square-cut printing type without serifs or hairlines.
Wallwall (wôl),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various permanent upright constructions having a length much greater than the thickness and presenting a continuous surface except where pierced by doors, windows, etc.: used for shelter, protection, or privacy, or to subdivide interior space, to support floors, roofs, or the like, to retain earth, to fence in an area, etc.
- Usually, walls. a rampart raised for defensive purposes.
- an immaterial or intangible barrier, obstruction, etc., suggesting a wall: a wall of prejudice.
- a wall-like, enclosing part, thing, mass, etc.: a wall of fire; a wall of troops.
- an embankment to prevent flooding, as a levee or sea wall.
- the Wall. See Berlin Wall.
- the outermost film or layer of structural material protecting, surrounding, and defining the physical limits of an object: the wall of a blood cell.
- the side of a level or drift.
- the overhanging or underlying side of a vein;
a hanging wall or footwall.
- climb the walls or climb walls, to become tense or frantic: climbing the walls with boredom.
- drive or push to the wall, to force into a desperate situation;
humiliate or ruin completely: Not content with merely winning the match, they used every opportunity to push the inferior team to the wall.
- go over the wall, to break out of prison: Roadblocks have been set up in an effort to capture several convicts who went over the wall.
- go to the wall:
- to be defeated in a conflict or competition;
- to fail in business, esp. to become bankrupt.
- to be put aside or forgotten.
- to take an extreme and determined position or measure: I'd go to the wall to stop him from resigning.
- hit the wall, (of long-distance runners) to reach a point in a race, usually after 20 miles, when the body's fuels are virtually depleted and willpower becomes crucial to be able to finish.
- off the wall:
- beyond the realm of acceptability or reasonableness: The figure you quoted for doing the work is off the wall.
- markedly out of the ordinary;
bizarre: Some of the clothes in the fashion show were too off the wall for the average customer.
- up against the wall:
- placed against a wall to be executed by a firing squad.
- in a crucial or critical position, esp. one in which defeat or failure seems imminent: Unless sales improve next month, the company will be up against the wall.
- up the wall, into an acutely frantic, frustrated, or irritated state: The constant tension in the office is driving everyone up the wall.
- of or pertaining to a wall: wall space.
- growing against or on a wall: wall plants; wall cress.
- situated, placed, or installed in or on a wall: wall oven; a wall safe.
- to enclose, shut off, divide, protect, border, etc., with or as if with a wall (often fol. by in or off): to wall the yard; to wall in the play area; He is walled in by lack of opportunity.
- to seal or fill (a doorway or other opening) with a wall: to wall an unused entrance.
- to seal or entomb (something or someone) within a wall (usually fol. by up): The workmen had walled up the cat quite by mistake.
Sconcesconce1 (skons),USA pronunciation n.
- a bracket for candles or other lights, placed on a wall, mirror, picture frame, etc.
- the hole or socket of a candlestick, for holding the candle.
Gothic Wall Sconce have 6 pictures it's including Gothic Wall Sconce Awesome Ideas #1 Catchy Gothic Wall Sconce 1000 Images About Sconces On Pinterest Antiques French And, Superior Gothic Wall Sconce #2 Sunshiny Lighting Wall Sconces Design And Wall Sconces Light Sconces Castle Lighting Gothic Lighting In Wall, Gothic Wall Sconce Gallery #3 Gothic Wall Sconces Antique Gothic Wall Sconces Gothic Wall Sconces Gothic Style Wall Sconces Gothic Wall, Gothic Wall Sconce #4 Bronze 1920s Tudor Gothic Wall Sconces 1, Late Victorian French Gothic Style Candelabra Wall Sconces 2, LF100 Small Gothic Wall Sconce .. Here are the images:
Gothic Wall Sconce style has turned into a favorite kind of a lot of people for their residence. The look is stylish, look that was basic and modern has attracted lots of people to apply with their occupancy. Ways to get a contemporary look that is contemporary beautiful? The furniture is designed for modern design type has an exciting quality.
The style fashion fixtures provide the feeling of light and straightforward in the room's final appearance. This is often received from the usage of a straightline that was smooth touse white color so impressed light and clean. Another product applied is glass content that will be reflective and clear to give the more modern's impact.
Now with modern modern interiordesign, room is created available and bright with sun light while in the space. So that lighting may be replicated across the place in the house, pick white flooring material. Additionally use glass in place of wall content, big windows and skylights to create up to feasible in house in natural light.